Popular culture is mainstream culture or widely accepted culture that is determined by mass media. What popular culture means to me is when I see or hear something in the media that resonates with my beliefs or ideas; I receive a feeling of validation and belonging. Sometimes by surprise, I see or hear something that relates to me, other times I have to go searching for it by surfing the internet, reading the news or watching television.
Currently I work for an ink manufacturing company that develops ink for distributors and end-users printing needs. Several of our customers print election flyers and junk mail for their city; therefore, we have noticed an increase in our orders. Generally, during the spring and summer we notice spikes in our sales from companies that provide printed material for the real estate market.
As a pastime favorite, I enjoy reading and watching political cartoons for their satire, especially now while we are in this election season. It can certainly lighten the moment and pinpoint key elements within the race with great humor. The artistry of the drawings can also be captivating. One of my television favorites is FAMILY GUY. Though the writer Seth Macfarland is random in his humor, he generally touches on many different aspects within our American culture. Sometimes his humor is "in your face" but other times it is the subtleties that I enjoy the most.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment